Monday, September 14, 2009

Things can only get better

I am so glad last week is over. It was a very trying week. On Thursday morning I started feeling a little sick, but went to my Malagasy lesson anyway. By the time it was over my throat was feeling really bad. After lunch I laid down for a nap and awoke to my cell phone going on and off several times. I didn't really know what was happening so I just unplugged it and went back to sleep. Later I found out from Nicole and Francisca that we had no power. This lasted about 2 hours when we found out someone cutting trees in the neighborhood cut a power cord. When they got it fixed we found several of our things (electronic) had been fried during this incident. The Internet cord, the printer cord, my laptop cord, both mine and Nicole's cell phone chargers, the office copier and a few other things. So, on Friday we went to the Internet store and bought a new cord for the modem which cost $30.00 just for the cord. We got to the store at about 12:10 and found out that it is closed until 2:00 for lunch. We did some other things while we waited and finally got it fixed and on our way back home. When I tried to connect it to the router I found the DSL cables weren't working either. It was too much for one day so off to bed I went. Saturday morning I got up and ready to go to a friends house for lunch. On the way to her house a lady walked out in front of a bus and wasn't looking and ran into the car and then bounced off the front fender. This was very scary. After making my way through the crowd of people I finally found the lady and she wanted to go to the hospital so she got into my car and we went to the hospital. Luckily she was just bruised, and would probably be sore. She appeared more concerned about her cell phone that broke when it hit the ground. I think she was talking on it and that is why she didn't pay attention to cars. Anyway I had to pay for the medical visit and a new phone for her. That over I went to my friends house and had a lovely lunch. Homemade Pizza. yum yum. When I got home I again tried to connect the router to the modem and called the Internet provider only to have them tell me I would have to pay about $80 to have a tech come out and connect it for me. When I said no she said how about $40 then $30 then said if I came in to the office on Monday with the equipment they could do it for free. By this time I was getting very sick and frustrated. I went to bed early again. Sunday I awoke to a full on cold. After Church I didn't do much and took a nap.

Today (Monday) is much better even if we didn't get everything done that we hoped to, at least I wasn't as sick today.

So, all I can say is praise God he brought me through the storm of the last week and has given me strength for today.

No comments: