Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ready to move.


Well last Saturday another missionary called and said she knew of a house for rent. We went with her and now the house is ours. The landlord is making some minor repairs and will have it ready by September 15 to get the key and measure and make curtains. We can start moving in the week before the end or the month. When Nicole's container gets here we will have plenty of furniture except maybe another bed. Having decided to share a place will help both of us with expenses. We have a guard here at the house days now for when we are away from the house. We feel he is doing a good job and like him, so we will take him with us and there is a house about 50 yards away where he and his wife will stay. He will be our full time guard. I think we are going to be much safer at this new house. Thanks for the prayers.

Today is September 1 and I received my statement from World Venture. I hate to ask this, but if God has been leading you to help support me, now would be the time. I have enough in my account to pay for my medical for just 2 more months. After that I am not sure where this money to pay this bill will come from. Please pray about this. I know God will provide in this area and I will wait and see who He will have partner with me here in Madagascar. If God is leading you to make a monthly commitment or maybe a one time gift this is where you should send it. World Venture 1501 West Mineral Avenue, Littleton, Colorado 80120-5612. Do not put my name on the check but in the memo put 6154-855.

A few posts ago I told you about Sydonie. Well, I met with her teacher and mother and she will repeat grade 1. She missed 54 days of school last year. Together her teacher and I both told the mother this can not continue. This year the teacher will contact me every time she is absent from school. If you were wanting to send things for her she wears a size 6 in clothes and a 13 or 13 1/2 (30 or 30.5) in children's shoes.

Prayer request
  • continue to pray for my Malagasy language studies
  • pray for the political situtation here in Madagascar
  • pray for the move at the end of the month that we made the right decision on what house to rent and that through all this we will be a blessing to others
  • pray for Nicole's health, she has had a cold for a week

No comments: