Friday, March 30, 2012

English club


I've talked a lot about my English Club. They are really progressing quickly. Most are at intermediate level. 4 of the boys from the club are now attending church at Tana City Church (where I attend). One boy in particular is asking a lot of questions and growing quickly in the Lord. It is amazing how God can use the English club to help someone grow deeper in Him. On an average there is 20 to 24 students each week. I really look forward to Thursday mornings.

The young man in the picture introduced me to a project being offered by the Ministry of Population. This project is to teach English to the poor all over the city. They have 20 schools to teach English at a cost of 300 ariary a month. (that is about .15). The Ministry of Population ask for my help in training the teachers and helping them with their English. I will meet with them beginning in April they also requested I attend the opening of some of the schools. I will co-sign the certificate with the Ministry of Population, at the end of the 3 month course. Last Saturday I attended one of these schools. It is exciting to see the excitement in the students to learn English.


The Lord led me to start another English Club but this time for beginners. It is more like a lesson than a school, however I have high hopes they will progress quickly. I had to put a cap on the number of students at 20 because it is too hard to get them talking when it is too big. I am glad I have a big living room and can host them all.

No comments: