Friday, March 30, 2012

Christmas 2011







Christmas 2011 was a joyful time. 1 year ago I was feeling lonesome and homesick, but this year was much different. The Saturday before Christmas, my friend and I hosted a Christmas Dinner for about 20 people. After dinner we enjoyed a gift exchange and Christmas carols.

The English Club I host at my house also enjoyed a celebration of Christmas. Everyone brought something and we all enjoyed a time of fun fellowship.

My Ladies Bible study group celebrated our last session of the series just before Christmas so we also had a time of fellowship in the form of a cookie exchange. Everyone brought their favorite cookie and the recipe. It was a nice fun day. We played the snowball fight. Since we have no snow here we used old paper as snowballs and had fun with 2 teams trying to throw the most to the other side.

On Christmas day after church my friend and I attended a Christmas dinner at another Missionaries house. I think there were 30 + at this dinner. We all brought a dish and shared. After eating we exchanged white elephant gifts. It was a lot of fun. I got a dress that was about a size 3. I don't think my arm would fit in it. LOL. It was a good gift to give to my cleaning lady along with a hat that fit her perfectly.

I ended the year by going out of town to a friends hotel. They have a beautiful hotel and nice pool. On New Years Eve there was a concert by a famous Malagasy singer "Lola". These friends are such a blessing. They offer to me as a guest any time I want to come. This is about 3 1/2 hours away and just enough to feel like a vacation.

No comments: