Thursday, February 12, 2009

Return to Madagascar

I know many are wondering what is going on. Well here is the latest. I have been very emotional this week. On Saturday my leader and I talked and at that time thought it would be ok to return if I stayed away from the downtown area. We talked again on Monday and started feeling maybe I should wait a few weeks. I contacted my travel agent and found if I didn't return as scheduled I would loose my ticket. I prayed yesterday for God to give me an answer and felt he answered me that if peace talks started I should go ahead and travel, but if they didn't then I should wait and have faith that God would help provide the cost of another ticket. My travel agent found a return ticket for 1539.00 I just got this information. Eariler today I found a ticket for $2500.00 Well, when I got up this morning I read the news on madagascar and found that peace talks started yesterday and both sides have agreed to not burn, loot and riot. I pray they come to a agrement very soon. So I talked to my Dad and he said since I am returning anyway I might as well go now since other people that live there feel they are leaving simi normal lives as long as they stay away from the downtown area. The US embassy has not evacuated their people and held a meeting earlier this week. So, the just of all this is that I will leave this Saturday morning and arrive in Madagascar the morning of the 16th.

Here are some prayer requests.
first I pray that peace will prevail on the island. (quickly)
next please pray for safe travel.
next I am praying for some one time gifts or new supporters. I found out today I have to pay $668.00 in income tax. ( I thought I wouldn't have to pay because I spent more than I earned in my mission work, but I guess you can only claim 1/2 of it. So anyway I have that expense and I planned to send two boxes back to madagascar by post, but since the problems are one block from the post office I will not be able to go get them, so I am taking an extra piece of luggage and that costs $250.00 also because of the recent problems in Madagascar my mission has required I get political evacuation insurance and that is $183.00 I am still underfunded to make my medical payments each month and soon will have to start paying that out of my current living expense. I pray for more prayer partners and more financial partners.

I will update my blog upon my arival in Madagascar.

God Bless you all Sandi

No comments: