Thursday, September 8, 2011

a new used vehicle


As most of you know I have had numerous problems with my car this past year. While on home assignment I brought items from Madagascar to help raise funds for a newer vehicle when I returned. I am pleased to say with God’s grace and your faithful gifts I raised almost $3,000 towards the new car. You all have shown me so much love I am honored to have you as partners with me here in Madagascar.

I arrived on Wednesday night slept most of Thursday and started car shopping on Friday. I am pleased to say I looked at one a mechanic friend found and took it for a test drive. My friend said it was in good mechanical condition. I asked about the timing belt and my friend said it would probably be a good idea to change it now and start with it new. I bought the car that day. It is a Renault Kango 2001 with 89000 kilometers. It was shipped in from France so most of those miles are not here in Madagascar. (this is a good thing with our roads). I was able to get a check cashed that day and drove it home the same day. On Monday my mechanic friend took it to change the timing belt, oil, recharge the AC and just make sure everything was in working condition. I should have it back later today. The end of this month I will travel north to Mahajunga for our team meeting. I will go with the other two office staff and bandit. We will travel in comfort.

If you are still wanting to help with the cost of this new vehicle you can donate by going to www.worldventure.com then click on donate and find my name Horen, Sandra or you can send check or money order to:

WorldVenture
1501 W. Mineral Ave.
Littleton, CO 80120-5612

Designate 6154-855

1 comment:

Georgina D. Thomas said...

So happy for you Sandi! At least now your car will not hit those bumps on the road any more! Love Georgina