Monday, September 1, 2008

Im Back in Madagascar

Hi everyone, well, I have been back for just over a week now. When I arrived the couple that stayed at my home while I was away picked me up with my car. When we got home I had a surprise to find a few of my good friends there waiting for me. It is good to be home. I had a lot of things to arrange when I got back, but think it is now time to get down to business with my language studies.

I've had a chance to see almost all my friends and was glad to see them. Some however have moved on to either different locations or returned to their home country. They say that is the life of missionaries. I went to the school on Tuesday to see all the teachers and on Wednesday to see the students. It was a real joy to see the kids I taught last year. Sadiyah and Sharmine both contacted me on facebook and were excited to see me. I still pray Sadiyah will come to accept the Lord as her God. I also think Wendy (the teacher) is very close to accepting Christ. She has a beautiful little baby boy. She is just the happiest mother you can imagine. She came to visit again on Saturday. It was a joy to be able to visit with her.

God really does have a sense of humor, He really wanted to see how I would deal with seeing Gavin upon my return and put him in my path twice. First when I went to see the teachers he showed up and I had to ask God to take my hand and help me through it. He did and it was fine, the second time was Sunday I went to the English Chapel and guess who the guest preacher was? You probably guessed Gavin. He preached on God's love and how you don't have to like everyone, but you are commanded to love them. It was a good sermon and God spoke to me through it. I pray Gavin listens to his own words and follows them.

Today Miora the student that quit last year will come to visit. I am excited to hear what is happening in her life. I pray she is back to school.

Well until next time May God be with you all.

2 comments:

Nicole and Narindra in Madagascar said...

Sandi, I am so glad to hear what the Lord is doing already. Good to hear about Gavin knowing that even if he doesn't listen you are called to listen and to LOVE!

I am standing in the GAP for you, praying daily. Looking forward to the next chapters in both of our lives and what God has for us, both in humor and all spiritual seriousness.

beth larson said...

Hi Sandi! It is so good to know things are going well! I'm glad you were here a few days, because it reconnected the kids with you and your ministry. Jesse keeps insisting I send you the Buffalo Bills fridge magnet you left here, so you may just see it one of these days!
Love, Beth